Foyer from the Strand Palace Hotel 1930–31, designed by Oliver Bernard (1881–1939),
A general view of the boxes at La Fenice, the Venice Opera House, 1st January 1954 via
The Constanța Casino is a casino located in Constanța, Romania. The casino was built three separate times, with the first structure being erected of wood in 1880. It was designed to be a club and community center for elite and upper-class socialites willing to spend. Once considered Romania’s Monte Carlo and a symbol of the City of Constanța, the most-recent and modern version was built in Art Nouveau style, also being the most important Art Nouveau building in the country, designed and built according to the plans of Daniel Renard and inaugurated in August 1910.
Historic Picture Constanta Casino Boardwalk with Patrons via
Constanta Casino, Old Picture with patrons via
Casino Terrace with Boardwalk in background via
Interior of Constanta Casino via
1906 bedroom interior. Yellow wallpaper, grey carpets. Otto Prutscher, Vienna.
1910s Executive dining room with seating for six by William Herman Rau (1855-1920) prominent Philadelphia photographer
The Drawing Room at Foots Cray Place in Bexley. It was built in circa 1756 and burnt down in 1950. The furnishings seen here are typical of the late 19th century. Bexley, London, 1900
Edwardian bedroom, from the William James family fonds, Toronto Archives
Smoking and gambling room at the Reichstag building in Berlin, 1903. Chesterfield leather sofas and brown gold stencilled wallpaper
Woman in bedroom 1900-1920
Louis XVI style bedroom, 1904
1910s guest bedroom
photo of young lady’s bedroom c.1910
The Peacock Room was originally designed as a dining room in the townhouse located at 49 Prince’s Gate in the neighbourhood of Kensington in London, and owned by the British shipping magnate Frederick Richards Leyland. Leyland engaged the British architect Richard Norman Shaw to remodel and redecorate his home.
Shaw entrusted the remodelling of the dining room to Thomas Jeckyll, another British architect experienced in the Anglo-Japanese style. Jeckyll conceived the dining room as a Porsellanzimmer (porcelain room).
Above the fireplace hung the painting, Rose and Silver: The Princess from the Land of Porcelain, by American painter James McNeill Whistler, that served as the focal point of the room. The ceiling was constructed in a pendant panelled Tudor-style, and decorated with eight globed pendant gas light fixtures. To finish the room, Jekyll placed a rug with a red border on the floor
The Peacock Room at 49 Prince’s Gate, London, ca. 1890 via